Wow. The last time I wrote on this thing was in November. N-o-v-e-m-b-e-r. And it’s now May. While I could list off a whole bunch of excuses as to why I haven’t posted anything, I’m not going to. Why? Because no one wants to hear it. It basically all comes down to the fact that I just had way too much on my plate. Between school, YouTube, and a social life (yes, I do have one) it just got to be a bit much with the blog. I had to eliminate something and this just seemed like the most logical option. However, that’s not to say that I don’t absolutely love this thing. Because I do. And now that it’s summer….CANDIDLY CLANCY IS BACK. 🙂
I do realize that I’m basically talking to a brick wall right now, as everyone probably assumes I forgot all about my blog. Weirdly enough, though, I’m okay with that. I kind of like the idea of writing just for me. When you know you have an audience, and people reading your content, it makes things different. You suddenly second-guess every last word you type and it’s just not as fun. When you write solely for the love of writing – for yourself – well, that’s when the magic happens. (See, I went to go delete the phrase “when the magic happens” because I thought it sounded weird, but WHO CARES? It’s the first thing that popped into my head and so that’s exactly what I’ll say!)
Anyway, this post is going to kind of be a re-introduction. Who I am. Where I’ve been. You know, all that jazz.
My name is Clancy, although I think that’s kind of already been established. I mean after all, that IS the name of this website….I just finished up my sophomore year at Marist College in New York. The fact that I’m halfway done with college is mind-blowing and I am nowhere near ready to go out into the real world. Which brings me to my next point….I’m a journalism major but I really have no clue what I want to do. (Insert gun emoji here.) There are two sides to the journalism world: print and broadcast. Clearly I absolutely love print, considering I have a website, but I don’t know what I’d even want to write. Or what to write for. A magazine? A newspaper? I really don’t know. And then there’s broadcast, where my heart kind of belongs. BUT…I don’t know if I would love to work behind the scenes and having a career on-camera might be a little much for me. While I love to wear makeup and look nice, I hate the idea of something as vein as appearance dominating my everyday life. (Because let’s be real…anything on TV has a lot to do with appearance, whether you want it to or not. Hence makeup artists and hair stylists and everything in between.)
So that leaves me in a sort of a weird place, but for now, I’m just chillen. I feel like things will fall into place where they’re supposed to. What’s the point in worrying about something I can’t control at the moment?
I guess you’ll learn more about me through this blog and my random posts. But just to give you a little preview, here are 20 random facts about yours truly: (Warning: these are very random and just the first things that pop into my head.)
1. Tuna fish is my life and if I could, I would eat it every single day. (Not gonna lie..during the school year I did just that for about a month. Hello, mercury poisoning.)
2. If I’m mean to you, it’s because I like you. If I’m extremely nice, it means I don’t consider you a friend. (So you should actually want me to be mean…)
3. I hate cats.
4. Home Depot is one of my favorite places of all time.
5. I cannot stand the color orange on me.
6. As long as I get enough sleep I am most definitely a morning person.
7. I am one of those people who needs a lot of sleep in order to function. (I don’t understand how people can run on 3 or 4 hours.)
8. Turtlenecks are my favorite.
9. I’m extremely scared of the ocean.
10. I’m allergic to eggs and am lactose intolerant.
11. I have an obsession with autobiographies. I don’t even need to know the person writing it. I just love hearing what people have to say about their own life and their unique experiences. People intrigue me.
12. I have never gotten a massage before and refuse to ever get one. I dislike being touched by anyone, especially strangers.
13. My lucky numbers are 3, 8, and 83.
14. I think designer-anything is unnecessary and a waste of money. (Unless you’re rollin’ in the dough. In that case, go for it. Why not)
15. One of my least favorite things in the world is when people post nothing but generic, “relatable,” UNORIGINAL tweets
16. Everyone hates my taste in music.
17. I get told I have “chronic bitch face” at least 5 times a week.
18. I’m actually a really nice person – I swear.
19. My favorite shows are the Bachelor and Keeping Up with the Kardashians. (Kinda embarrassing but oh well)
20. I love rainy days and could never live in a place where it’s always sunny. (And vice-versa)
I feel like this picture just about sums me up as a person….
On a serious note…..
That’s really all I have to say for now! I’m not going to have a set schedule for this or set days I have to post. I want this to be purely fun and there’s nothing fun about a deadline. That’s for sure…. #college